How do I get a free copy of my credit report?
Credit reports are created and held by private companies called credit reporting agencies (also known as credit reporting bureaus). There are three main consumer credit reporting agencies in Australia – Equifax, Experion, and Illion.
Your credit reports and scores may be slightly different from the different agencies because not all lenders report to every credit reporting agency. Some lenders only report to one or two credit reporting agencies, whereas others will report to all three.
That’s why we recommend you check all three to get a full picture of your finances.
Click on the links below for each credit reporting agency, to take you to where you can get your free credit report.
Can I get a free copy of my credit report?
The FBC Credit Report Assessment is a FREE, NO OBLIGATION, review of the good, the bad and the ugly in your credit report.
Our free 30-minute Credit Report Assessment involves a chat with one of our credit experts to:
- Unpack the details of your credit report(s) and explain in easy-to-understand terms what it all means.
- Highlight what might be hurting you.
- Point out what is helping.
- Provide little known hacks on how to improve your credit score.
- Understand your specific short and long-term financial and life goals and provide a free tailored gameplan to help you optimise your credit health, putting you in the best position to reach those goals.
- Connect you to the best people to assist you to reach your goals sooner than you believed possible, whatever your circumstances.
In the banking world you must fit the bank’s model. If you don’t fit the bank’s model, then you don’t get approved. It’s as simple as that.
At Fix Bad Credit we work with the best to get the best outcome for you. You don’t need to fit a model. We listen and get an understanding of your unique situation, your unique needs and create the best product to fit your unique circumstances.
The team at fix bad credit brisbane were very friendly and supportive. They were also quick to respond and helped me on my situation with sorting credit card debt. I highly recommend.
I wanted a new car but a problem with my credit report was in the way. Thanks Fix Bad Credit for changing that. Fab job well done.
How do I get a copy of my credit report?
All the credit reporting agencies require you to complete a form or make a written request. They will ask you for identifying information, which might include:
1. Your full name
2. Your date of birth
3. Your driver’s licence number
4. Copies of identification (like a driver’s licence, birth certificate or Proof of Age card, as well as an official document with your name and address (i.e. rates notice, utility bill or bank statement))
5. Your current and previous address
6. Your current employer or previous employer
7. Name of the organisation to which you last applied for credit
8. A daytime telephone number.
Alternatively, Our Credit Repair Experts can obtain the reports, and provide you a free review.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I care about my credit report?
Your credit report could be costing you money. Lenders use the information on your credit report (or credit file) and your credit score (or credit rating) to decide whether to lend you money, how much they will lend you and at what interest rate. Knowing this can help you negotiate better deals or understand why a lender declined your application.